Green Hills Software Extends INTEGRITY Support to Include RISC-V Architecture
SANTA BARBARA, California, October 6, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Green Hills Software, the global leader in on-board security and safety, today announced the availability of its real-time operating system (RTOS) INTEGRITY® for RISC-V. With this, electronics manufacturers around the world can confidently build and deploy high-performance, security-critical RISC-V systems with the same trusted software foundation that runs and protects millions of critical systems today. ‘hui found in cars, planes, trains, secure phones and surgical devices. INTEGRITY is integrated with industry-leading RISC-V processor solutions, including hardware reference cards from Microchip and SiFive, as well as processor intellectual property (IP) from SiFive, a leading provider of RISC-V IP . This support enables device manufacturers to reduce the time, cost and complexity of developing and deploying critical software for automotive, military, IoT and industrial solutions based on the new RISC-V processor architecture.
INTEGRITY and its advanced MULTI® integrated development environment solve three important challenges facing software development teams who will use RISC-V SoCs:
- Safety and security – INTEGRITY is based on a core separation architecture that provides resource guarantees, hard real-time determinism and was designed from the ground up to achieve maximum security and safety.
- Powerful debugging – The MULTI debugger with its advanced C / C ++ compilers and analysis tools is specially designed to find even the most difficult bugs on complex RISC-V SoCs composed of several heterogeneous cores where the RISC-V core is either the main processor general purpose, a specialized secondary acceleration core alongside a processor, such as an Arm® core.
- Ready for production – Start developing production-ready systems on leading RISC-V reference boards today to meet production requirements for performance, memory efficiency and functional safety (FuSa) with the use of Green Hills INTEGRITY and MULTI solutions with their certifications at the highest levels of functional safety for automotive (ISO 26262), industrial systems (IEC 61508) and rail (EN 50128).
“As a leading provider of FPGA SoCs offering exceptional reliability, best security, and 30-50% less power than competing devices, the fact that Green Hills Software brings its comprehensive portfolio of security and safety to client applications using PolarFire® SoC is a milestone for the Mi-V RISC-V ecosystem and the wider RISC-V ecosystem, ”said Tim morin, Technical Fellow and Marketing at Microchip Technology Inc. “Adding safe and secure software tools will greatly enable our joint customers to innovate with a free and open ISA.”
“The integration of safety-critical RTOS, INTEGRITY into SiFive HiFive products is an exciting step forward for the RISC-V and SiFive ecosystem,” said Dr. Yunsup Lee, CTO, SiFive and co-inventor of RISC-V. . “The market for reliable RISC-V-based solutions is growing rapidly and the support of Green Hills Software’s deep experience will create opportunities for the RISC-V-based SiFive Performance, Intelligence and Essential families of IP. ”
This new INTEGRITY support adds to the existing line of Green Hills products optimized for RISC-V and already in use by customers, forming a comprehensive portfolio of mature, production-ready software development solutions for RISC-V, including:
- INTEGRITY RTOS – Safe and secure separation core for multi-core embedded systems.
- µ-velOSity ™ RTOS – Small and fast for deep use.
- MULTI-IDE – Integrated C and C ++ development environment for advanced multicore debugging with support for custom RISC-V instructions, providing functional safety qualification of tools and C / C ++ runtime library certification at the highest security levels for ISO 26262 and IEC 61508.
- Green Hills Probe v4 – For multi-core hardware setup, low-level debugging, and trace-based analysis tools.
- Services to help customers achieve the required level of safety, security and performance while enabling the highest possible developer productivity.
RTOS INTEGRITY, MULTI-IDE and the Green Hills Probe are available today for early access customers for the Microchip PolarFire Icicle Kit and SiFive HiFive Unmatched Card.
About Green Hills software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the world leader in on-board security and safety. In 2008, Green Hills INTEGRITY-178 RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by the NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA and NIST) to EAL 6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security never reached for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply integrated absolute security and high reliability applications for the military / avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, network, consumer and other markets that require certified solutions by the industry. Green Hills Software is headquartered at Santa barbara, california, whose European headquarters are located at UK. Visit Green Hills Software at https://www.ghs.com.
Green Hills, the Green Hills logo and INTEGRITY, MULTI and µ-velOSity are trademarks or registered trademarks of Green Hills Software in the United States and / or worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Green Hills software