Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors (MLCC) Market – Growth, Trends, Impact of COVID-19, and Forecast (2021)
The global multilayer ceramic capacitors market was valued at USD 11.89 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 16.27 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 4.5% during the period 2021-2026. Multilayer ceramic capacitors were first developed in the 1970s and 1980s, but their widespread adoption has been possible over the past decade with the development of new dielectric materials and manufacturing methods.
New York, June 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the publication of the report “Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors (MLCC) Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact and Forecast (2021 – 2026)” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p06067792/?utm_source=GNW
– The most crucial feature that resulted in their widespread adoption was their ability to bundle multiple components into one package. Each MLCC has hundreds of layers and each layer acts as a separate component. This eliminated the use of additional components in the circuits.
– Telecommunications is a sector with great potential for the market, and manufacturers are banking on 5G technology to stimulate market growth.
– The impact of MLCC has been such that new technologies, such as IoT, 5G and electric vehicles, are highly dependent on the availability of MLCCs. This has led the manufacturer to align the product line and production capabilities, to meet the demands of the technologies.
– The market consists of very few market players with limited production capacity, due to which there is a huge gap between demand and supply of MLCC. The market initially reported a supply shortage in 2017, and this shortage is expected to continue until 2021.
Key market trends
The automotive segment will hold the largest market share
– Automotive is one of the major segments of the MLCC market. Most of the sellers in the market studied are increasing their investments in the automotive sector. The growing adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous vehicle technology, government regulations for mandatory Advanced Driver Assistant System (ADAS), and the growing adoption of smart technologies for automotive manufacturing are some of the main factors that drive demand for MLCC in industry.
– In addition, the increasing technological advancements in the automotive sector are having an impact on the MLCC market. Most of the sellers in the market studied are increasing their investments in the automotive sector.
– The growing adoption of electric vehicles (EV) and autonomous vehicle technology, government regulations for mandatory Advanced Driver Assistant System (ADAS) and the increasing adoption of smart technologies for automotive manufacturing are some of the main factors driving the demand for MLCC in the automotive industry.
– Currently, the introduction of MEMS associated with ADAS, the emergence of connected vehicles and technological advances in infotainment and IoT equipment are leading to an increase in the content of electronic control units in automobiles.
– For example, the required number of automotive MLCCs increased from 3,000 units in 2012 to 8,000 units in 2018. However, the increasing commercialization of autonomous and electric vehicles is expected to be a powerful driver of the growing demand for MLCC. Battery-powered EVs (BEVs) require significantly more MLCCs than internal combustion cars. They should require around 30,000 MLCC. In addition, the Japan-based company TDK reports that in 2018, MLCC for automobiles accounted for 40-45% of the proceeds.
– Also, as vehicles switch from an internal combustion engine (ICE) to a battery electric vehicle (BEV), the number of MLCCs used increases, often more than five times. For example, TESLA’s Model 3 contains over 9,000 MLCCs, and their Models S and X each have over 10,000 MLCCs. A growing need for these components by car manufacturers encourages niche suppliers. Half of US capacitor maker Kemet’s sales include its line of ceramic capacitors.
Asia-Pacific to experience fastest growing market
– Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing multilayer ceramic capacitor market, owing to the rapid growth in the application of MLCC-based electronic components and renewable energy products in the automotive sector in the region .
– China is one of the leading manufacturers of multilayer ceramic capacitors, with a strong presence of local enterprises. In addition, Chinese MLCC manufacturers have grown rapidly in recent years, while focusing on offering consumer electronics products.
– In addition, with the arrival of Industry 4.0, China is expected to experience massive growth in the automation sector and industry, thanks to programs such as “Made in China 2025”.
– Growing government regulations in favor of the electric vehicle market on a global scale are also fueling the demand for multilayer ceramic capacitors in India. For example, the NITI Aayog Clean Transportation Action Plan, which was released in 2018, has already recommended eliminating all licensing requirements for electric vehicles, to encourage electric mobility.
The market for multilayer ceramic capacitors is competitive and consists of a few major players. However, with the advancement of the miniaturization of electrical components, new players are increasing their presence in the market, thereby expanding their business footprint in emerging economies.
– January 2020 – TDK Corporation announced that it has developed a new series of 0510 design flip type multilayer ceramic capacitors with a capacitance of up to 1 µF. These MLCC series are intended for automotive applications as they are designed with a nominal voltage of 5 V to 50 V and a capacitance between 47 nF and 1 µF. In addition, all MLCC series are built in accordance with AEC-Q200.
– August 2019 – Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd. introduced the KCM series of metal terminal type multilayer ceramic capacitors with C0G temperature compensation characteristics for automotive applications and the KRM series of metal terminal type multilayer ceramic capacitors for general purpose applications. These products are mainly intended for LC resonance circuits of wireless power transfer systems (WPT * 1) for electric vehicles and industrial equipment. Serial production of this product is expected to start from August 2019.
– July 2019 – Taiyo Yuden has released a low profile multilayer ceramic capacitor, ideal for devices that need to be thin, such as smartphones and portable devices, to decouple IC power lines inside devices. It achieved not only a low profile of 0.064mm, but also a low ESL thanks to the external electrodes placed lengthwise.
Reasons to buy this report:
– The market estimate sheet (ME) in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06067792/?utm_source=GNW
About Report link
ReportLinker is an award winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: [email protected] US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001