Netography Upgrades Fusion Platform to Address Encryption and Cross-Platform Gaps
Netography has announced a new innovation for its Netography Fusion platform, delivering the scalable and continuous network visibility and control required by security operations center (SOC) and cloud operations teams.
Netography Fusion enables organizations to dramatically reduce cyber threat risk and costly real-time downtime with enhanced security and business context, as well as powerful remediation automation capabilities through alerts, custom detections and integrations. The platform is the only security product that secures the atomized network, including legacy, on-premises, hybrid, multicloud, and edge environments.
“Since the pandemic hit, networks have rapidly evolved into composites of multicloud, hybrid cloud and on-premises infrastructures with mobile and remote workforces. The implications for network security are enormous,” said Martin Roesch, CEO of Netography. “The atomized network is elastic, ephemeral and encrypted, and organizations are blind to the makeup of their networks and entire categories of attacks. This creates gaps where attackers can hide between technologies and the operational teams that use them. Defending the atomized network must happen in real time, detecting and responding to threats as they emerge with a solution designed for the world we find ourselves in today.
Netography Fusion is a cloud-scale network-centric platform; it replenishes capabilities disrupted by the combined impact of encryption in Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Zero Trust environments and atomization and replaces network-reaching capabilities once provided by deep packet inspection (DPI) hosted on the appliances. It also provides visibility where Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solutions simply cannot see independently. A frictionless deployment model enables defenders to secure their atomized networks immediately, when and where they are needed.
Newly added context tags and tagging allow security and cloud teams to visualize and analyze networks by application, location, compliance groups, or any other schema. The UX/UI provides analysts with a flexible and optimized workflow to quickly pivot and analyze huge amounts of data.
“Multiple teams, including FICO’s SOC and Cloud Ops teams, continue to expand their use of Netography Fusion’s scalable network visibility and control platform,” said Shannon Ryan, Senior Director, Services and Architecture basic security, FICO. “Adding context tags enables new use cases, including policies we can apply to specific applications or our on-premises or multi-cloud infrastructure, giving us visibility and alerts for controls Context tags also make it easier for more team members to analyze incidents and respond to audit questionnaires more quickly.”
Netography Fusion customers:
- Filling visibility gaps: From north-south to east-west and cloud-to-cloud only, Netography Fusion delivers the actionable visibility teams need.
- Analyze incidents and alerts with context: Context tags are provisioned by loading context from cloud and on-premises infrastructure, enabling custom searches with Netography Query Language (NQL) to configure detections, alerts and reports with context of security or business.
- Squash silos between teams: From security operations to IT to cloud operations, DevOps, threat hunters, forensics, risk and compliance, all benefit from a single source of truth, rich flow logs and context .
- Lower mean time to detection (MTTD): Netography Fusion’s robust graphical and visualization interfaces combine with NQL and Netography Detection Models (NDM) to enable security teams to quickly stop attacks and limit the “explosion zone” of these attacks.
- Shorter Mean Response Time (MTTR): Teams will have unprecedented control to limit downtime and costs associated with resolving post-intrusions. Regaining control of your network in the face of a successful breach is key to minimizing the cost of breaches and getting back to business.
- Supercharge Threat Hunting: Forensic teams can gain uncompromising visibility and flexible data retention policies to investigate incidents, understand the path of attack, and implement proactive measures to prevent future intrusions and reduce time to waiting for attackers.
- Accelerate audits and improve compliance: Streamline network policy enforcement audits and proof with context labeling, tagging, and flexible retention capabilities. Teams can isolate network traffic visibility and control by application, location, line of business (LOB), asset type, and more.
- Make the most of the existing technology stack: Extend endpoint visibility and control capabilities to devices and network points that don’t support agents, or simply can’t do so cost-effectively. Teams get full support for alerting platforms like PagerDuty, Slack, Teams, Twilio, and more. through the webhook feature.