Senior Back End Developer at Datafin Recruitment
An innovative FinTech company in Stellenbosch seeks the coding expertise of a self-directed lead developer who can effectively manage complex projects and priorities. Your role will be to produce cutting-edge software solutions while taking responsibility for the complete software development life cycle, from design to deployment. You should be comfortable with back-end coding languages, development frameworks, third-party libraries, and deployment technologies. You will need an appropriate BSc./BEng. University degree – Honors or higher would be preferred, at least 8 years of development experience including software design and architecture, cloud computing with AWS and GCP and proficiency in Node.js, Python, NoSQL, Linux , Docker, CI/CD – Jenkins , TeamCity, Azure Pipelines. Any mobile experience (hybrid or native) will prove beneficial.
- Work with development teams, product managers and customers to design software solutions.
- Design and implement cloud-based back-end solutions.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Develop and maintain well-functioning databases and applications.
- Design and implement efficient APIs (REST/GraphQL).
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and update software.
- Facilitate clear communications with and around the team.
- Relevant BSc. Or BEng. University diploma; Hons. or higher is preferred. Good academic performance, outstanding in software development/programming courses.
- Minimum 8 years of development experience.
- Software and architectural design.
- Cloud computing with AWS and GCP.
- Node.js, Python or other language used in Cloud Computing.
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL.
- Linux, Docker.
- CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, Azure Pipelines, etc.).
- Independent problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Reliable, responsible and collaborative.
- Able to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Excited to learn, push technical boundaries and find new solutions.
- Able to show initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about technology.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position