Software Developer at Datamine Africa
This position will be for Qmuzik Technologies, a sub-division of Datamine Africa.
Qmuzik Technologies is looking for a software developer who is motivated and passionate about developing software in the aerospace, defense and manufacturing industries. The successful candidate will join a team working closely with and report to senior software developers.
The candidate would be ideally located in Gauteng as the head office is in Centurion and must be able to travel to the head office when needed.
Qmuzik Technologies can offer the right candidate a stimulating work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to engage in varied and extensive applications of software solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Write maintainable, clean, reusable, object-oriented, and efficient code according to our coding standards.
- Write and maintain unit tests and use code coverage tools.
- Maintain proper source control according to company standards (using Git and Azure Devops Server).
- Work with lead developers and product managers to define system requirements and estimates.
- Participate in the development of use cases and technical design specifications.
- Learn and understand technical details and gain a working knowledge of all relevant products.
- Work with a QA team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the solution.
- Communicate frequently with stakeholders to review progress and ensure requirements have been met.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and work proactively with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solving spirit.
- Team player able to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Passion for research and development.
- Ability to achieve goals.
- If you are not an SA citizen, a valid work permit is required.
Professional experience required:
At least 2 years of solid modern web development experience using a major web development framework such as Angular, React, etc. Experience writing REST services using a framework such as Microsoft Web API. Experience in Transact SQL will be a plus.
An engineering degree, BCom Informatics or BSC Computer Science from an accredited higher education institution. Please provide proof of this qualification.
- Web development
- REST services
- Web APIs
- SQL transaction
Desired work experience:
- 2 to 5 years Software development
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position